Recycled Books



So where do you shop for  books?  I don't know about you, but the mega chain bookstores really don't cut it for me these days.  I can find what I want quicker and cheaper on Amazon.  Besides, they all  sell the same thing.  They're like the Walmarts of  the book world.

I enjoyed this Texas Observer article by Sarah Angle titled "Booking to Denton."  It's about a  massive bookstore (Recycled Books) that has taken up shop in an old Opera house.  You read that right.  Imagine if the place was haunted by a Phantom!

One of the things the article mentioned is that they had a first edition of Carrie.  You know I had to call!  However, that was sold.  A very nice man did tell us that they also have a first edition of the gunslinger, $700.  Wow, pretty cool.  No, I didn't buy. . . because my credit card at that  ZERO balance feels so good.  But. . . anyone on the hunt for a first of the Gunslinger. . . follow the beam.

The full article is HERE.
The bookstore  is HERE.




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post because this is near where I live. I got my master's at University of North Texas which is why this store stays in business. It's the cornerstone of a nifty downtown area.

    And if any of your readers happen to pass by Denton (it's just off I-35 40 miles north of Dallas) not only can you browse through here - across the street is the best homemade ice cream at Beth Marie's :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Denton to go to Denton Bible Church where Tommy Nelson preaches.

    ReplyDelete