Julianne Moore edges closer to Mama

picture credit: Collider.com

Bloody Disgusting has a new post from Mr. Disgusting that reports it has "inside word" that Columbia Pictures is speaking closely with Julianne Moore for the role of Margaret White.

Mr. Disgusting writes, "Moore is no stranger to the genre having starred alongside Hannibal Lecter in Hannibal and has also played Lila Crane in the Psycho remake. She is currently working on the exorcism fantasy The Seventh Son for Warners."

By the way. . . I like the names over there at Bloody Disgusting.  "Mr. Disgusting."  That's great.  Just who you might want cooking you dinner, eh!

The full story is HERE.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sold on the idea of her playing Margaret. I mean, she's a good actress, but ... I don't know, I'm just feelin' it. I'm holding out hope for Hilary Swank landing the role, personally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This strikes of "name" star casting just for the sake of having one for the posters, if there should be any.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julianne Moore has zero box-office clout, and all of Hollywood knows it, so I doubt that's the case. It seems more a case of putting an established awards-worthy actor in the role for the sake of giving the project instant cachet with critics who might otherwise be inclined to dismiss it as both a horror movie and a remake.

      Delete