The Sixth Wall (Koldcast) has a great article titled, "All I need to know I learned from Steven King's The Shining." Okay, need I even point out that they misspelled his name in the title? That aside. . . the article (HERE) is fun.
Marti Resteghini writes, “What makes Stephen King such a great writer is how he takes real environments, feelings and events and distorts them so as to create situations eerily familiar and strikingly horrific.” That’s so true! And, it’s also why we are so excited at just the idea of King’s current writing project, Joyland. Imagine a theme park – a fun happy place, right? Until Mr. King runs it through that funhouse mirror he calls a word processor.
Here are the article headings.
1. Listen to the little voice inside you.The full article is at: Koldcast The Sixth Wall
2. Take your job seriously.
3. If it’s too good to be true, it probably is.
4. Marriage is hard. Give each other some room.
5. Children are wise.
6. Just when you’re ready to quit, hang on a little longer.
7. There are always two sides to every story.
8. Always keep the lines of communication open.
10. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing.