Lilja's Review Of 11/22/63


My favorite King reviews always come from Lilja's Library.  He gives a lot of information, without giving up too much.  More than that, he makes me want to read the book. 

Lilja's review of 11/22/63 is HERE.

A couple of quotes -- because I can't resist!  The veteran King reviewer says that "11/22/63 hooked me from the first page and didn't let me go until I'd finished it."  He declares the characters "believable" and the alternate history "so credible that it feels as if all the events actually happened."

When the publisher puts the promo quotes on the back of the paperback (or front) -- they ought to use Lilja's !  But alas, they won't.  They'll quote from the New York Times or from someone who won't know King and his work nearly as well. 

Okay, go read the full review.  So this post is. . . reviewing the review. 

2 comments:

  1. I would say that Lija and particular Kevin Quigley (Charnel House) and Bev Vincent are the best ones when it comes to review King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilja's reviews are great, despite his slippery grasp on the English language.

    ReplyDelete