King Meets Oswald

Photo: Allison V. Smith

Above is a picture of Stephen King at the 6th floor of the museum where Oswald shot John Kennedy.  This is part of an article for USA today by Carol Memmott titled "Stephen King evokes horros of history in 11.22.63."  She reveals just how personal the subject matter is to Stephen King.  He didn't ust do internet research, he appears to have walked the streets and climbed up in the shooters nest. 

In a sense, King actually met Oswald!  I'll let King do the explaining on that one. . .

"There's a scene early in the book where Al Templeton (the owner of the diner that holds the portal to the past) says to Jake, 'I met him (Oswald), you know," and I can remember writing that line and saying, 'I'm actually going to meet Oswald in my imagination.' I don't think I really have been as excited or turned on or had all my lights go on since (1977's) The Shining."

No comments:

Post a Comment