Videodiscs









Driving through Hemet California Saturday, I spotted an old theater with a "poster" sale. There were some nice King posters, but I didn't want to pay a hundred dollars for a Shining poster. However, I did pay five dollars a piece for three Stephen King VideoDiscs.
.
What's a VideoDisc? Well, I didn't know they ever existed. These things are huge! Look like the DVD version of a record. The cases are cool and will make neat posters. Carrie and Christine are epically impressive. I can't watch them. . . sinc e I don't own a videodisc machine.
.
My wife stared kinda numbly at me. Why did I pass up a poster of The Shining for a videodisc of Carrie, Christine and Creepshow? Well, I explained, it's unique. anyone can get a poster. But ask another collector, "Do you have laserdiscs?" She is shakes her head in quiet confusion -- secretly glad she doesn't have to figure out where we are going to put out a huge movie poster of the Shining.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment