Quigley Explains Blockade Billy Showing

picture: http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/kevbio.html
.
One of the things I really like about Kevin Quigley's site is his ability to chart and explain King's showings on the ratings. Check out his book "Chart of darkness" (or, the chart itself is posted on his website, linked below).
.
Currently posted on his website is an article about the release of the Scribner edition of Blockade Billy and it's position at #9. This, of course, is a little bit of a surprise to most of us, who have become accustomed to King hitting #1 status as soon as he publishes a book. However, Quigley explains the factors involved in the showing (I'll let you go to his site and read the explanation. It is insightful.)
.
I was surprised to learn (from Quigley's post) that The Stand debuted at #13.
.
Quigley notes, "Blockade Billy is a wonderful little book, deserving of a success story." I totally agree!
.
By the way, here's an interesting story from Kevin Quigley on his site, Bag of Bones was released in 1998, and I traveled up to Maine with Bob Ireland in November. (It was actually the fourth time I’d been to Bangor that year: I went for a King auction, a Rock Bottom Remainders concert, and the SKEMERs con previously.) I met Stephen King for a third time when he signed my copy of Misery “To Kevin from your #1 Fan, Stephen King.” I stumbled out of Betts and promptly fainted. It’s embarrassing, but that’s probably my favorite fanboy story.
.
Read the article here: http://charnelhouse.tripod.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment