ebay collecting


ebay is the world's largest yard sale. Of course, it's wonderful for collectors, and in particular constant readers.
.
Today I got in a bidding war for Richard Bachman's "The Long Walk." So what's a Bachman book worth? -- same thing your hosue is worth, whatever someone will pay for it. In my case, I just couldn't bring myself to give more than $70 for a paperback book.
.
It's the first warm day in a long time, and as things warm up I always feel the need to start buying King. So, no Bachman. . . what did I buy? I want to be clear about this: Do not buy signed items on ebay or even amazon unless it's from the publisher. Go to Betts books for that kind of stuff. What I got:
.
--stephen king : A Primary Bibliography Justin Brooks lmt, $6.00
--STEPHEN KING 14 WEEKLY ARTICLES ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, $0.99
.
Big spender, eh. Of course, the 14 articles are just clipped paper, but still cool. My point is that collecting does not have to break the bank.
.
My best buy yet was a The Running Man (with bachman name, not King on cover) for $5 from a small bookstore. Did they know what they had? They did, because it was in the Stephen King section.
.
Now, how do I get that leather bound copy of The Stand. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment