2009 Bram Stoker Awards


The Horror Writers Association presented the 2009 Bram SToker awards for "Superior achievement in horror fiction published in 2008" to the following winners:


NOVEL: Duma Key by Stephen King

FIRST NOVEL: The Gentling Box by Lisa Mannetti

LONG FICTION: Miranda by John R. Little

SHORT FICTION: "The Lost" by Sarah Langan

FICTION COLLECTION: Just After Sunset by Stephen King

ANTHOLOGY:Unspeakable Horror edited by Vince A. Liaguno and Chad Helder

NONFICTION:A Halloween Anthology by Lisa Morton

POETRY COLLECTION:The Nightmare Collection by Bruce Boston

HWA Richard Laymon Award John R. Little

HWA Silver Hammer AwardSephera Giron



This is Stephen King's response to winning two Stoker Awards.


I'm delighted to tell you that I won not one but TWO Stoker Awards at this year's ceremony, one for Duma Key (Best Novel) and one for Just After Sunset (Best Collection). My motto is, You can never be too thin, too rich, or win too many Stoker Awards. (If you've never seen one, the awards are most excellently cool.) My thanks to everyone who voted, and my congratulations to all the other nominees. Most of all, though, thanks to everyone who bought those books and enjoyed them. (And if you bought them and didn't enjoy them, I still thank you.)

Steve


3 comments:

  1. Stephen, here is a comparison, in the comments, to your work by an avid reader of both, and The Gentling Box is recommended; my review of it is at my blogspot at http://www.genestewart.blogspot.com/

    Here's the interesting comparison:

    http://booklove.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/the-gentling-box-by-lisa-mannetti/

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry for any confusion. This is not king's official blog spot. ust a fan blog. The links are interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Duma Key great?
    I don't like books so slow like it was Bag of Bones (altough I loved it with all my heart), and everyone says Duma Key is pretty slow.

    Can anyone say what you thought about it?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete