My Stephen King Book


I've been working on a book about Stephen King the last few weeks.  Probably why I've been posting less.  Turns out, writing in a book format is much harder than blogging!  Often glanced at posts on the blog, thinking, I can translate this into a chapter.  Only to discover how unhappy I was with -- everything.  But, the blog does give me ideas (as do your comments and insights.)

Above are some books I'm referencing as I write.  I think I love  books about Stephen King as much as I enjoy reading King himself.

What's your favorite book about Stephen King?


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm gonna be in trouble from the start.

    Let me just say while I know Stan Wiater and Chris Golden's Stephen King Universe almost counts as one big glaring error, especially in term of King's current output, I still like it for the decent enough overview it gives of many of King's work.

    Ina less controversial note, I'm a fan of Steve Spignesi's Essential Stephen King. The most informative King books I've read so far are Tony Magistrale's Landscape of Fear, The Moral Voyages of Stephen King, and Hollywood's Stephen King.

    I own a copy of Bev Vincent's Stephen King Companion, and sadly, I no longer own my copy of Spignesi's King encyclopedia.

    I still own On Writing and Danse Macabre though.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite without a doubt is "The Art of Darkness" by Douglas E. Winter. Terrific, and boy do I wish he'd update it or write a sequel or something.

    Best of luck with yours, David!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One chapter to, Bryant, and then I start editing.
    My favorites:
    1. Art of Darkness.
    2. Stephen King America's Best Loved Boogeyman
    3. The Stephen King Illustrated Companion. (Bev Vincent)
    4. The Dark Tower Companion.
    5. Creepshows. Which I can't find.

    ReplyDelete