Is Pennywise In New York?


How  would you like to encounter this clown on the side of the road?  A pennywise-eque clown is making his rounds through New York's Staten Island.  What is the clown doing -- handing out balloons, of course.  Nothing harmful in that, right?  Well, as yahoo reports, people are actually pretty freaked out! (FULL STORY: yahoo.com/blogs)

The people who live in the New York City borough are not thrilled with their new addition. Robert Privtera, who took a picture of our friend, told the Advance, “Bro, I did a double take. My heart stopped." Vincent Innocente characterized it as bizarre. People are taking to Twitter and voicing their concern as well…
Pennywise has been making a lot of sightings lately, including on google maps and in England.



From my September 17, 2013 article:
PENNYWISE IS ALIVE:


Pennywise might have been chased off from Derry Maine, but he's not dead!  The evil clown has been making appearances throughout the United Kingdom borough of Northampton.

Shea Bennett of Media Bistro says, "Residents are, as you’d imagine, spooked, and you can understand why – imagine seeing this guy standing outside your window?"

Indeed, the clown has become so popular that a Facebook Page erected on Friday has already picked up more than 25,000 Likes, with the clown using Facebook to update fans, as well as fend off a few slightly sensationalised reports. 
As for why he’s doing all of this, that still remains unclear. But, as we can see from the photos, he has balloons. So, I guess the only question that really matters, is…
(Source: www.mediabistro.com)

Now. . . a question --  If you saw Pennywise,  would you pause to take a picture?  Well, I probably would.  But I don't think I'd have the courage to go up and say howdy.  Just for fear of hearing him say, "They float!"

And -- another question -- does anyone think the British Pennywise is perhaps a bit more, eh, scary than  the American versions?  I don't know why,  but I find that clown just flat out creepy.  And that's not to put down Curry's performance in the mini-series.  In fact, it's probably good Curry didn't look that scary, or I would have died watching it.



6 comments:

  1. That Google Maps image is a fake. Funny, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jack, I was there, okay. That clown came up from the sewer and said, "Want a Baloon, Davy. . ." and I ran for my life.

      Delete
    2. Well, then, that puts you one step ahead of poor little Georgie Denbrough.

      Also, one arm ahead.

      Delete
  2. ....What...the...."hell?".......

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never should have given away my sling shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I think I found something that helps put all this in perspective.

    Here's Stephen King on clowns:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P61KghCuQcU

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete