WEEDS to appear in Shivers 7



Sivers 6 gave us the Stephen King story The Crate.  Now Shivers 7 is bringing back the King short story Weeds.

Cemetery Dance writes, 
Weeds” by Stephen King was originally published in Cavalier magazine in May 1976 and in Nugget magazine in April 1979, but has not been reprinted since, although it was adapted as “The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill” for Creepshow in 1982. 
“The Departed” by Clive Barker was originally published as “Hermione and the Moon” in The New York Times on October 30, 1992.
So this is the second of the Creepshow stories to be reprinted in the Shivers collection.

The hardcover is $40.   Check it out at www.cemeterydance.com.

5 comments:

  1. I'll wait for the audiobooks. There is nothing to my mind so wonderful as a well read audio adaptation of a Stephen King novel when all the lights are down and I'm lying in my bed under the blankets and wondering what might be under the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think there will be an audiobook version; there typically aren't for specialty-press anthologies like this.

    I say that having no real idea if it's true. It FEELS true, though, doesn't it?

    In any case, I've got my copy ordered. I only sprung for the paperback, though; $40 seemed a bit steep for a book I'd essentially be buying for one story (that I already have a -- Xeroxed -- copy of).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wait until things are actually published to buy stuff from CD.
    I am excited to read some old Stevie though, Cat from Hell was an awesome treat in Sunset.
    -mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM TOTALLY WITH YOU MIKE!!! I am still waiting (still)for Screamplays to come. . . which I ordered years ago now! They did send me a book I never ordered, making me wonder if they got confused. Oh well, I like their stuff, but am leary of their preordering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I always kinda forget how annoying that process is.

      Delete