Ten Movies Worth Holding On to


.
The "11 best Stephen King adaptations" list got me thinking about King films that are great -- but overlooked. I offer the following, in a typical top ten fashion. Yes, I accept that top 10 lists are stupid and subjective. These movies might be old, but they're not forgotten! I also admit they may not have all been four-star movies. I have chosen not to include mini-series -- (though mini-series like IT, Desperation, Tommyknockers, Salem's Lot and The Shining were great!)
.
I kindly ask yo to rexamine these movies -- they're probably better than you remember.
.
1. The Dead Zone.
2. Cujo.
3. Christine.
4. Carrie TV version.
5. Silver Bullet.
6. The Shining mini-series.
7. Creepshow (1-2)
8. Secret Window.
9. The Dark Half.
10. Apt Pupil.

7 comments:

  1. Do you have these movies? Share please! I really want to see IT and they all sound wonderfully chilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I have all of them. You just need to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, another person who actually likes the TV version of "Carrie"! I thought I was the only one!

    In some ways, I actually prefer it to the DePalma movie. Patricia Clarkson and Angela Bettis are really good, and while the ending certainly goes in some odd directions, on the whole it is a pretty good adaptation of the novel. It's one of my favorites by King, and I'd love to see someone take it on again in a few years, and maybe do an even better job with it.

    www.honkmahfah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone remember Thinner? I actually liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really did like the TV Carrie. I thought it was awesome, and took the story a step further than the novel did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would add Sometimes They Come Back. I thought it was a great popcorn movie. Great leads, great villains.

    ReplyDelete