Another Review Of THE MIST


Michael Maiatico, Columnist at Reel to Real has a great article titled, "Mist produces a chilling response." Maiatico launches his review by telling us not to confuse the Mist with the rip off "The Fog." The Mist is, in his words, a "genuinely horrific tale."
.
While Maiatico is duly impressed with the monsters, he keenly picks up on what all true King fans know: It's not really about the monsters! As Maiatico puts it, it's about how monserous people can become! "The film creates a frightening and depressingly realistic depiction of human society and really makes you wonder what separates us from the beasts."
.
I hope you read the review; but let me add one more quote, because I totally agree with this one: "So while I am a huge Stephen King fan and there are plenty of Easter eggs for any of his fans that watch this film, I’m generally not a huge fan of his screen adaptations. “The Mist” was a surprising treat that not only did the novella justice, but actually improved upon it."
.
I must say again, as I always do when discussing this film: Skip the ending. By the way, Lilja's Library -- which I'm reading now -- liked the ending. Actually, he seemed to like it a lot. He also has some good notes on the black and white version.
.

1 comment: