IT's a movie


I am anxiously awaiting more information about the new Stephen King movie, IT. Is this a remake? It's getting called that quite a bit, but it's really not. How about the word: Re-telling. After all, how many times has Of Mice and Men been put to the screen, never trying to copy the previous movies, but each time going back to Steinbeck's book as the source.
.
Monique Muro notes, "the movie will be even more horrific, if possible, and rated R, stating." She quotes screen writer David Kajganich, “we can really honor the book and engage with the traumas (both the paranormal ones and those they deal with at home and school) that these characters endur."
.
I really like comments like that! Honor the book -- what an idea. So often King movies have so little to do with King books that the constant reader just doesn't recognize them. What I will miss is the change from the characters youth being mvoed from the 1950's to the 1980's. Actually, the scary thing for me is that I grew up in the 80's! I never considered the 80's my generation's 50's.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment