The Cannibals Part 2 -- Self Punishment?



The moderator at stephenking.com said: "Steve gave me the okay to scan another 60 pages which I will do and have posted by the end of the week but he also said not to expect any more until at least next year --or possibly not at all."
http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14800&page=4
.
At 60 pages a time, I find myself asking: "Why do I read this? I know up front that there is no conclusion to this novel. I have good books on my shelf I haven't read. Gosh, I could give the Talisman another try. . . but no, I have to read this unfinished stuff. Why?"
.
I don't know why, except that I"m really anxious to read Under The Dome. And actually, I was drawn in to the characters in The Cannibals.
.
I printed the first 60 pages thinking: There's no way I'll read all this. But I blew through it in an hour and loved it. Loved all of it.
.
It's interesting to read people on the message board hoping someone will get eaten in the next 60 pages. My hearts with you, but. . . Come on -- This is Stephen King! He's going to take his time setting up the situation and introducing characters before forks and knives come out. But we'll see.
.

My review of the first 60 pages is here:
.
I really, really like the look of the old, scanned pages.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I collect Stephen King books but am baffled by Under The Dome Part II? Was this ever released in hard cover? I collect his books in hardcover and would like to get it in hardcover. If not, was it released in a larger 6x9 format paperback or only the mass regular sized paperback? Also, what is the Cannibals Part II I've seen comments on? I am so confused and can't seem to find this information anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete