Superman's Girlfriend Killed Pennywise



My daughter is watching Superman III.  The plot is. . . well, what it is.  It's neat to see Christopher Reeves playing Superman/Kent.  Superman returns home to Smallville and is reunited with his old crush, Lana Lang.

Watching Lanna, I kept thinking, "Why is she so familiar?"  I asked my wife, "Who is that?"  My wife said, "Well, you'd know her because she starred in the Stephen King adaptation of IT.  She's the adult version of Beverly Marsh."  OH!

Back to Superman III.  I forgot how funny Richard Pryor is.  This movie is actually very silly; almost slap stick.  But I like it.  Maybe because I had no expectations, I'm left enjoying it.  And, it has one big thing going for it -- it's not Superman 4.

By the way, O'Toole also played Martha Kent in Smallville.  No  wonder she was able to kill Pennywise. . . she was Superman's girlfriend, and his mama.  (in that strange order, mind you).


1 comment:

  1. I don't know, Richard Pryor has done better. A LOT better, and I'm not just talking Stir Crazy.

    For me his best work will always be his stand up. In fact, I think he is the best stand up comedian, EVER.

    ChrisC

    ReplyDelete