LA Times Remainders Article

I enjoyed Steve Hochman's article in the LA times about the Rock Bottom Remainders last show.

The article notes that it's been a good seven years since King has played with the Remainders, and "he's been practicing."  I'll bet!

King tells the story of Amy Tan getting kicked out of an L.A. hotel because the manager thought she was a working girl.  She was wearing a skintight cat suit,which she wears  when doing "These  Boots Are Made For Walking."

The article also includes a story about Stephen King giving Amy Tan's husband, Louis DeMattei, a kick.  (I'm not reposting it here, so you have to read the article.)

And then there's the weirdo's!
Barry also recalls King singing "Teen Angel" at a show in Nashville when a woman approached the stage, hands raised and flames rising from all 10 fingernails.
"I thought, 'Wow, Stephen's fans can be scary,'" he says. "Ridley came over and whispered in my ear, 'I don't ever want to be that famous.'"
King notes, "She probably was not strictly 100% sober. And Dave is careful to tell the audiences, 'The drunker you get, the better we sound.'"

The full article is HERE.

1 comment:

  1. This mainly reminds me that someday, I need to read the entirety of "Mid-Life Confidential," the book of essays the members of the Remainders wrote about one of their tours. I've read King's excellent contribution to that book ("The Neighborhood of the Beast"), but have yet to read any of the others.

    ReplyDelete