Corny Sequels


There's another Children of the Corn movie being made. That should come as no surprise. I guess they'll be making Children of the Corn movies long after we've colonized Mars and mastered deep water oil drilling.
.
Directed by Joel Soisson, this latest edition is titled "The Dweller" and stars Barbara Nedeljakova, Billy Drago, Kelen Coleman and Tim Rock. (If it was Christ Rock. . .) Here's the catchy synopsis: "On a trip to California, a family's car overheats leaving them stranded in the home of a creepy couple and their kid." Original! But, wasn't that the general theme of the last 82 Children of the Corns? I mean, can't a plane crash or something? Why does the car always break down?
.
What's happening with the IT remake, and UTD, and that Pet Semetery remake, and Cell and movies I might actually get excited about. Apparently everyone in Hollywood has to try making at least one Children of the Corn movie. It's a right of passage. Will they ever, ever, ever stop making these? Hey, why doesn't someone go make a few Richard Laymon films, or remake those Ed Wood classics. How about: Plan 10 From Outer Space.
.
Know what I would pay for? I would put down good money for a DVD set of Children of The Corn Mystery Science Theater 3000.
.
I might be alone on this, but I can pretty much say that I'm done watching Children of the Corn movies. I don't care to see:
Children of the Corn in space;
Chldren of the Corn go to college;
Children of the Corn take Manhattan;
Chldren of the Corn Christmas special;
Children of the Corn meet the woflman;
Chldren of the Corn Home Alone
Children of the Corn remastered second camera man's edition with commentary and lost scenes.
.
LINKS:

No comments:

Post a Comment