Creepshow

My daughter and I watched Creepshow this evening. Commedy meets horror -- what can I say? I hated it -- the 9 year old loved it. What I thought was lame, she thought was scary. What I thought was bland, she thought was funny. What I said was stupid, she said was great.

Seeing King on screen in "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" was entertaining. He really hams it up.

I did also iked Something To Tide You Over. Revenge is sweet -- it reminded me to a clumsy version of Dolan's Cadillac. The movie has a very 80's look to it.

Read some interesting notes:
  • The boy at the beginning of the film is King's son Joe. Who is now a novelist in his own right.
  • King carried an action figure Greedo onto the set. I guess because he's green. Stephen King meets Star Wars. . . but does it have to be on the set of Creepshow?
  • While on the set King worked on The Cannibals, writing by hand -- it has been rewritten as Under The Dome. I pulled this movie out because I had just read King wrote it while working on this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment