(Link) DVD Verdict Review: Children of The Corn 666


DVD Verdict Review has taken on the case of Children of the Corn 666.  The verdict is not good.  No surprise here.  I must agree with the review, I also have never been a fan of the children of the corn series of movies.  I frankly, don't get it.  I mean, not problem understanding the thin stupid plot -- I just don't understand how more movies keep getting made! 

DVD Verdict says: "Well, now. I didn't think things could get worse. How very, very wrong I was." 

There are some interesting thoughts on Stephen King:
"For those wondering what either of these movies have to do with Stephen King's original "Children of the Corn" story, the answer is almost nothing. Except for the idea of kids living in cornrows, these movies have little in common with King's short story. In fact, it's a bit of a surprise the author didn't fight to have his name removed from the credits of each of these films ala the Lawnmower Man films. Both Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror and Children of the Corn IV: Isaac's Return are exceptionally bad movies. Unfortunately, they don't fall under the 'so bad they're good' category; these are bottom of the barrel cheapies that will be long forgotten to the folds of time."
After declaring the films boaring, the review closes with this verdict: "Both of these straight-to-video horror movies are found guilty of being shameless cash-ins."

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/childrencorn2pkbluray.php

1 comment:

  1. Wow ... I did not expect to ever see any of the sequels to "Children of the Corn" on Blu-ray. That's an astonishing misuse of technology.

    That said ... for whatever reason, I kinda like the "Children of the Corn" movies. They all suck, of course, but I've got a soft spot for them, for reasons that are completely mysterious to me.

    The review makes a good point, though, in that it IS kinda strange that Stephen King has allowed his name to stay on them. He's probably just trying his hardest to pretend they don't exist at all.

    ReplyDelete