Children of the Corn: GENESIS


Good news. . . Lilja's Library has all kinds of cool updates.  I won't spoil the really cool stuff -- which has to do with Wind Through The Keyhole (so go check it out!) 

Not so good news, one of them is that Children of the Corn "Genesis" is being released on DVD and blue-ray.  Trust me, I'm stealing no one's thunder reprinting this!  Lilja writes, "Children of the Corn – Genesis is being released on DVD and blu-ray in the US on August 30. The film was released in a drive-in earlier this year, with the latest Hellraiser movie but after that it’s been quiet about it but not its about to be released...if anyone is interested in seeing it." 

If anyone is interested in seeing it -- indeed. 

I'll save the usual rant about this series of movies.  But I am still dumbfounded that King's name appears on it!  Who's watching these movies? 

http://www.liljas-library.com/

4 comments:

  1. I'm watching them! I own the entire series! Yay, new "Children of the Corn"!

    I'm sure it will suck (it'd be a near-miracle if it didn't), but I'll say this for it: I'm sure it didn't cost $300 million, like the last movie I saw ("Green Lantern," which also sucked, but very very expensively).

    I wonder ... does the title ("Children of the Corn: Genesis") indicate that this is some sort of prequel? I ask as if it matters, which it decidedly does not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really... green lantern bombed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the jury is still out on whether or not "Green Lantern" bombed; so far, it seems to be doing decent business, but only decent, and that typically indicates a movie that is going to disappear from the theatre quickly.

    One way or another, I thought it was pretty bad. But then, I'm notoriously picky when it comes to big-budget movies. And I've talked to several people who liked it more than I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this site 10 minutes after watching the movie, I happened to google, "Children of the Corn Genisis Sucks" and this is where I am. The movie was terrible. The main actor who played Cole was great, only reason to watch the movie actually, but aside from that it was a waste of time. Don't really want to spoil anything but it's hard not to as there was only like 2 or 3 things that even happened in the flick. There was no children, just Psycic kid that you don't even see. The ending didn't personally make since to me too much either. I don't hate on movies, I actually like all the ones people hate, but this one...I mean come on. They had a decent budget, quality equipment and everything, but there was no story. The movie ended before it even begun. It's not even really a sequel, just takes place 30 years after everything in Nebraska to some guy that nobody knows. I want to say I'm glad I downloaded because I wouldn't waste a dollar renting it, but I hate being that guy...just sounds like someone troll hating. This time I have to though. It was so bad that I got on the internet to complain about it. This is the first time I've ever went out of my way so take that as sign. I would have liked the movie if it just went somewhere, but it didn't. Oh well, maybe the next direct to dvd will work out.

    ReplyDelete