Stephen King At 14


This is a really neat!  David Booker, a contributor to The Centered Librarian has posted a submission letter from 14 year old Stephen King. 

Booker explains that the letter "arrived at the offices of Spacemen Magazine in 1961 and was accompanied by a copy of The Killer, Stephen's latest short story. It was rejected, but the editor did see fit to run it 33 years later."  http://centeredlibrarian.blogspot.com/2011/04/stephen-king-at-14.html

The letter reads:

"Dear Editor,

     I am 14 years of age, and have been writing as far back as I can remember, and submitting manuscripts for the last couple of years. I subscribe to your magazine, and my favorite feature is the Obituary department, although “O. Henry’s Comet,” for which this story is intended, runs a close second.

     Thanks very much for reading my story. I hope you see your way clear to put it in “O. Henry’s Comet.”

               Sincerely,
               Stephen King
 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E8DLS6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=letofnot-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=B000E8DLS6

No comments:

Post a Comment