Roland -- Now Who?


I enjoyed Anthony Breznican's article on EW, asking who should join Javier Bardman in the Dark Tower seres. He highlights the three main supporting characters: Susannah Dean, Eddie Dean and Jake. He does a nice job wrestling with the issues at hand. And, he raises a good question: Who will they get to play Jake who will still be a child at the end of all those movies? http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/04/08/stephen-king-dark-tower-javier-bardem-cast/

Of course, I'm interested in some of the more "out there" characters. The Tick-Tock (Andrew Quick), I would suggest Matt Frewer who played Trashcan in The Stand. Andy just has to be played by Anthoney Daniels -- C-3PO.

3 comments:

  1. My vote for Eddie: Justin Timberlake. Dude is actually a really good actor, and he's still young enough that he could sell Eddie's youth. For his brother Henry I'd love to see Christian Bale, because that's essentially who Bale played (awesomely) in "The Fighter."

    For Susannah, I'd suggest -- assuming she can do a good American accent -- Freema Agyeman from "Doctor Who."

    Jake...? No idea. That's going to be a tough one.

    My best idea, though: for Nort, the recently-dead weed-eater in Tull, there can be only one actor. Clint Howard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what about The Man in Black. The Walkin' Dude.

    ReplyDelete