Rocky Wood



My favorite Stephen King website posted some sad news today:

Today is a very sad day because a friend and King expert; Rocky Wood has passed away. I think many of us knew he was terminally ill. I have for years but I had no idea that it would happen so soon.

 I never met Rocky in person but we spoke through email and he often sent me news bits for the site, the last one less than a month ago. I will miss him a lot!

 Walk in peace my friend, there are other worlds than these...

(liljas-library.com/article)

Stephen King said about Wood:
Rocky Wood was my go-to guy for all things Shining, providing me with names and dates I had either forgotten or plain got wrong. He also provided reams of info on every recreational vehicle and camper under the sun (the coolest was Rose’s EarthCruiser). The Rock knows my work better than I do myself. Look him up on the web sometime. He’s got it going on.
-Stephen King in the Author’s Note to Doctor Sleep

Wood was author of:
•The Complete Guide to the Works of Stephen King 
•Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished 
•Stephen King: The Non-Fiction 
•Stephen King: A Literary Companion 

Check out his website at: www.rockywoodauthor.com

2 comments:

  1. I was sad to hear that. I corresponded with him on Facebook several times, and he seemed like a great guy.

    ReplyDelete