Cemetery Dance Offers A Dark Christmas

Picture: Sharon, holding Full Dark NO Stars.
.
My wife greeted me with a very happy smile when I got home. The Cemetery Dance special edition of Full dark, No Stars had arrived. Merry Christmas!
.
This is a great book! I don't know if CD has anymore available, but it is well worth the cover price, and will probably actually increase in value. (I actually have no idea if it will increase in value, okay! So if you're just looking to make a buck, I guess you should invest in gold.)
.
What I like:
  • The book is large, but not cumbersome.
  • It is tightly bound. I know that sounds small, but it is irritating to buy books that can't be read. This has very sturdy binding.
  • The cover is different, and much better I think, than the Scribner edition. The front shows a man looking in a shop window, the back shows the same image but from a darker point of view. I'm actually still trying to figure the cover out!
  • The book comes with a equally nice and sturdy slipcase. Something that is very appreciated, since these are often "extras."
  • The book is illustrated in both pencil and color throughout. The drawings are directly connected to the text, and truly capture the heart of each story. I particularly like the rats. Very nice!
  • Newspaper clips in the text are double columned, making it feel more "newspaperish."
  • Sub-chapters and breaks are printed in red, which looks very nice. The color red is used throughout, with black text. In fact, there is a red line at the bottom of each page, below which is the page number -- meaning every single page has color of some kind.

Well done, Cemetery Dance! I wish CD had been given the project of producing the complete version of The Stand. I know, there's a leather bound one out there... but who has two grand in loose change? CD gives us really nice collectors books at a price taht doesn't rob our children's college fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment