Liljas Library -- The Arrival

Annie says Marv on the cover of Lilja's Library is "creepy."
.
A little over a year ago Cemetery Dance had one of those offers you just can't refuse. It was for their upcoming book, Liljas Library. I was familiar with the website and excited at the idea of a book form. Of course, I then began to wait for the book to come. No book. We called CD and they explained that the offer we had was for a book that was still in the writing. Oh! My interest was only peaked all the more.
.
Alas, the book came today -- and it's AWESOME! Huge, but not bulky. The intro from Bev Vincent is delightful, broken into two parts. The second part of his intro is an interview with Lilja. From there on, it's full force into Stephen King country.
.
The book is nicely illustrated with pencil drawings by Glenn Chadbourne (who also did the cover.)
.
I have a lot of great reading ahead! One of my favorite kinds of books -- beyond King's novels -- is books about Stephen King. My wife once asked me if I owned more books by king, or about him. Gosh.
.
I won't post the contents again, but it is indeed massive. It's like having a library in one book. Of course, it is called Liljas LIBRARY!
.

2 comments:

  1. When I turned in my introduction, Brian Freeman suggested (in jest) that I should have ended it after the first sentence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful!
    "I don't know Hans-Ake Lilja."
    you could have gone on to the second...
    "we've never met."

    ReplyDelete